Lewis was a "token"
its clearly a black/white issue.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Favorite:
Tard![]()
Sincerely,
Marvin Lewis</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I recall, the Bucs (among others) interviewed Marvin Lewis. Apparently folks don't feel he is head coach material. Maybe he is...maybe he isn't. Lots of great assistant coaches do not make even good head coaches. If Lewis is hired somewhere, someday, as a head coach, I hope he does well. But at this point, several teams have shown no interest in hiring the man. There must be a reason.
Lewis was a "token"
its clearly a black/white issue.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pathetic Loser:
Lewis was a "token"
its clearly a black/white issue.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're right. You were in the interview rooms with all the candidates, right? You were there when Dungy was hired, too...right?
You're absolutely right. If I were an owner, and I could choose between a black candidate and a white candidate for my team's head coaching position...and during the interview process I determined that the black coach could win...and the white coach couldn't...I'd hire the white coach. Yep, I'm sure the color of the man would be what really mattered.
Asinine!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pathetic Loser:
no, i wasnt in the room. i assume you were not either.
i dont believe i am breaking any new ground here in suggesting NFL owners tend to shy away from black head coaches. you didnt fall off your chair did you.
lewis was jerked last year by the bills. maybe he is a better coach, maybe not.
I 'm sure ted cottrell was deservinbg of a look and it probably would not have cost all thos draft choices.
I am not suggesting hiring black head coaches as a form of affirmative action. it just has the appearance that, even though the owners no its a problem, they all just turn there backs and hope "someone else" will hire a black head coach.
Obviously Bill Parcells was the best choice, did lewis say no, i dont know... maybe negotiations went sour... but the pure demographics make it seem possible that a quality black head coach may have been available without giving up as much as they did.
bottom line, Tampa still has the most over rated defense and a very average offense.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know racism exists in the NFL...just like anywhere. But I sincerely believe that an owner is gonna hire whoever he believes will bring him a winner. (Or at least help turn a profit).
Bend Over Tampa....you'll know you'll make the Bulls look like the Montreal Canadiens because Oakland will be getting getting primo players in the next few years.
just think of how Dallas did over Minnesota when they traded Herschel Walker.
no, i wasnt in the room. i assume you were not either.
i dont believe i am breaking any new ground here in suggesting NFL owners tend to shy away from black head coaches. you didnt fall off your chair did you.
lewis was jerked last year by the bills. maybe he is a better coach, maybe not.
I 'm sure ted cottrell was deservinbg of a look and it probably would not have cost all thos draft choices.
I am not suggesting hiring black head coaches as a form of affirmative action. it just has the appearance that, even though the owners no its a problem, they all just turn there backs and hope "someone else" will hire a black head coach.
Obviously Bill Parcells was the best choice, did lewis say no, i dont know... maybe negotiations went sour... but the pure demographics make it seem possible that a quality black head coach may have been available without giving up as much as they did.
bottom line, Tampa still has the most over rated defense and a very average offense.
Well, it seemed to have worked out for the Bucs, since they won a Super Bowl in Gruden's first season as head coach.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was wrong. He won them a Super Bowl, albeit with Dungy's players. But I still need to eat crow.Originally posted by Morten Andersen:
he won't do shit
The only ay Indy wins a supr bowl will be when the Colts fire Dungy & hire Chucky
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dungy is 60 minutes from Miami. I think he gets it done today in convincing fashion, and the Colts go on to win Super Bowl XLI.Originally posted by Cuda:
The only ay Indy wins a supr bowl will be when the Colts fire Dungy & hire Chucky
Bookmarks